January 2018 Event
January 2018 Event: Open Education: Be The Change
Twitter hashtag: #USNHshare
View detailed event schedule: here
The USNH Technology Steering Committee (ATSC) is pleased to announce the January 2018 Event: Open Education: Be the Change. It will be held Friday, January 19th at the Derryfield Restaurant in Manchester, New Hampshire from 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
This event is planned for current ATI 17 Ambassadors, past ATI alumni, as well as university system faculty and staff who have an interest in academic technology and open education. We have some great activities and speakers throughout the day that will give you the opportunity to:
- share open education projects, experiences, successes and challenges;
- ask questions and find out answers about open education;
- network with faculty and staff across all 4 USNH institutions and build community;
- learn about the tools, technologies, and strategies used in open ed (New to open ed? Learn more here);
- hear authentic student stories about how open ed has positively affected their learning and educational experiences;
- leave with an action plan for your next steps in integrating or advocating for open education.
We are especially pleased to have our keynote speaker, Bryan Alexander, who will contextualize open education in relation to the future trajectory of higher education. Bryan is an internationally known futurist, researcher, writer, speaker, consultant, and teacher, working in the field of how technology transforms education (Picture by Alan Levine).
We look forward to seeing you there! A few logistical items:
- General info: Check-in for the event will begin at 9:00 AM and the formal welcome will begin at 9:30. Please plan to arrive before 9:30. The event will include breakfast, lunch, and plenty of coffee and other refreshments.
- It is recommended that you bring your pre-charged laptop or device. (We will have some charging stations available). We will be tweeting and using other social media throughout the day.
- In case of snow: You will be informed of cancellation, prior to the day of the event, using the emergency phone number you provide in registration. Our tentative snow date is Friday, February 2, 2018.
Keynote: Bryan Alexander
Date: Friday, January 19, 2018
Check-in: 9:00 AM
Time: 9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Location: Derryfield Restaurant
625 N. Mammoth Rd, Manchester NH (click for directions)