January 2018 Event
USNH January Event: Open Education: Be the Change
Thanks to the attendance and participation of USNH faculty from all over New Hampshire, the event on Friday, January 19th, 2018 was a success. Attendees were able to engage in rich dialogue, collaboration, and action-planning regarding USNH Open Education.
This event was planned for current ATI 17 Ambassadors, past ATI alumni, as well as university system faculty and staff with an interest in academic technology and open education. Activities and speakers throughout the day gave attendees the opportunity to:
- share open education projects, experiences, successes and challenges;
- ask questions and find out answers about open education;
- network with faculty and staff across all 4 USNH institutions and build community;
- learn about the tools, technologies, and strategies used in open ed;
- hear authentic student stories about how open ed has positively affected their learning and educational experiences;
- leave with an action plan for their next steps in integrating or advocating for open education.
We were especially pleased to have our keynote speaker, Bryan Alexander, who contextualized open education in relation to the future trajectory of higher education and led attendees through an action-planning workshop at the end of the day. Bryan is an internationally known futurist, researcher, writer, speaker, consultant, and teacher, working in the field of how technology transforms education (Picture by Alan Levine).
Interested in revisiting the keynote, student stories, resources, and photos? Check out following links:
Video: Bryan Alexander's Keynote